Terms of Service
1) Your COLTCEU.com Account. If you create an account on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the account. You must immediately notify COLT of any unauthorized uses of your account or any other breaches of security. COLT will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
2) Payment. Optional paid services such as educational courses are available on the Website ("Services"). By selecting a Service you agree to pay COLT the fee indicated for that Service. Payments will be charged on a pre-pay basis on the day you sign up for a Service and will cover the use of that service for a specific period as indicated. Service fees are not refundable. By purchasing Services on the Website, you agree that you are solely responsible for understanding the renewal requirements of your state-issued license or permit and for ensuring that you purchase the correct courses(s). By offering Services, COLT does not represent or imply that your purchase(s) will meet the renewal requirements of your government-issued license or permit.
3) Responsibility of Website Visitors. COLT has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material's content, use or effects. By operating the Website, COLT does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. COLT disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
4) Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which COLTCEU.com links, and that link to COLTCEU.com. COLT does not have any control over those non-COLT websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-COLT website or webpage, COLT does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. COLT disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-COLT websites and webpages.
5) Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As COLT asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by COLTCEU.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify COLT in a timely manner by email. COLT will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. COLT will terminate a visitor's access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of COLT or others. In the case of such termination, COLT will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to COLT.
6) Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from COLT to you any COLT or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with COLT. COLT, COLTCEU.com, the COLTCEU.com logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with COLTCEU.com or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of COLT or COLT's licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any COLT or third-party trademarks.
7) Changes. COLT reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. COLT may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
8) Termination. COLT may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your COLTCEU.com account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
9) Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided "as is.” COLT and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither COLT, nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
10) Limitation of Liability. In no event will COLT, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to COLT under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. COLT shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
12) Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless COLT, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
13) Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between COLT and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of COLT, or by the posting by COLT of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the state of Florida, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Okeechobee County, Florida. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys' fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties' original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; COLT may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
If you have questions about deleting or correcting your personal data, please contact our administrative team.
1) Website Visitors. Like most website operators, COLT collects non- personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. COLT's purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how COLT's visitors use its website. From time to time, COLT may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website. COLT also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged-in users. COLT only discloses logged-in user IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
2) Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information. Certain visitors to this website choose to interact with COLT in ways that require COLT to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that COLT gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for a student account at COLTCEU.com to provide a username, email address, first and last name, mailing address, and mother's maiden name. Enrolling in certain classes may require students to provide identification and/or license numbers issued by government agencies, as mandated by law. In each case, COLT collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor's interaction with COLT. COLT does not disclose personally- identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
3) Aggregated Statistics. COLT may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. For instance, COLT may monitor the most popular articles on the Website or the most common referring URLs to the Website. COLT may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, COLT does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
4) Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information. COLT discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on COLT's behalf or to provide services available at COLTCEU.com, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using COLT's websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. COLT will not rent or sell potentially personally- identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, COLT discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally- identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when COLT believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of COLT, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of a COLT website and have supplied your email address, COLT may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what's going on with COLT and our products. We primarily use our websites to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. COLT takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
6) Business Transfers. If COLT, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that COLT is disorganized or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of COLT may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.